We are a Norwegian indoor map and navigation scale-up aiming to be a global leader in a rapidly growing market. We are already well on the way with fantastic user uptake, customers across all continents and being recognized as market leader by analysts. We have already built a distribution network with large international companies like Cisco. With our award-winning service, we help millions of users find what they are looking for thus reducing stress, uncertainty and saving time. We are now seeking a new CTO to help us grow. Read more at www.mazemap.com.
The challenge we solve
Humans are building larger and more complex buildings, and by 2050 we’ll build more buildings than throughout history on earth. Yet, no one has solved how users should navigate the buildings and help the users find what they are looking for. At MazeMap we are trying to solve this challenge by automating the productions and update of indoor maps utilizing machine learning and AI. We want to help users find what they are looking for either being a classroom for lecture, the place for your hospital appointment or the closest available meeting room. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPX-515gQww&t=10s to find out more about our product.
We target the largest building complexes; universities, hospitals, large corporate offices and hotels. Several hundred customers in Europe, APAC and USA have already deployed and appreciate the MazeMap solution. We have enthusiastic customers with documented ROI and they are willing to serve as references. According to Gartner and other analysts we are already market leader at universities and named top vendor by analysts globally.
MazeMap is currently at 50+ employees spread across 3 departments and 8 offices globally. Our engineering team has 15highly skilled full-time employees including 3 Teach Leads and 1 Product Manager. After a quiet period with campuses and offices being closed, we are now seeing that students and employees to a large degree have returned to campus or office, we now help 2 million users. Meaning that now is an excellent opportunity for the right type of entrepreneurial technical manager to join us as CTO. You get the opportunity to work with; a grand challenge impacting billions of lives when solved, an A-team and a product that impress customers globally. The role will be a part of the management team and report to the CEO.
- Oversee, lead, and manage the engineering team and R&D.
- Responsible for integrating strategy and business needs into our products and services, making sure we make the right choices when it comes to technology
- Responsible for our operations and making sure we can deliver as expected to our customers
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-driven and enthusiastic person with good communication skills and experience in the following
1. Managing and leading a tech team with personnel responsibility
2. Working with SaaS, preferable working with international customers and partners
3. Experience from a scale-up with rapid growth
4. Understanding customer needs and turn them into products or services
5. Both technical and strategic understanding, being able to communicate with both board of directors and employees.
And with the following personal traits:
- Passion– you’ll do what it takes to obtain success
- Honest and straightforward, and others regard you as highly trustworthy
- You think it is more important to listen than to prove you are right
You are not required to be 100% confident you can tick off all the items above. So if you are intrigued by this position, but have some doubts on whether your experience matches our need, why not get in touch, and we can find out together?
- Competitive compensation including stock and stock option packages and flexible work hours
- The possibility to be a part of a great journey, going from a start-up to a truly global company
- Influence over the company’s overall strategy and direction
- An agile, enthusiastic, and forward-leaning work climate
- To manage an A-team
- The opportunity of a lifetime?
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workface, and maintain that people shall always be treated with respect and dignity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, descent, skin color, religion, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.